(Updated)NECO Releases New Timetable For 2020 Exams

NECO releases new timetable for 2020 exams. All students must take note of the guidelines prior the dates.

The National Examination Council (NECO) has published the new time-table for the 2020 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE).

The exams were suspended because of the End SARS protests which resulted in curfews in certain states.

This newly approved timetable will run from Monday, November 9 until Saturday, November 28, 2020.

The modified timetable has also been released to the public by the council.

It shows that candidates will sit for Mathematics on Tuesday, November 10, before writing English Language two days after.

Biology students will write the exam on Friday, November 20, two days after Financial Accounting.

Visit www.neco.gov.ng to download the recent timetable.

BELOW is the old Timetable. Don’t COPY

The Minister of State for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajuiba, together with chief executives of examination bodies in the country reveal that NECO examination will hold will start on October 5 and end on November 18.

NECO Releases New Timetable For 2020 Exams

The guidelines

The NECO chief noted that the body has rolled out guidelines to enable schools prepare for conduct of the exams.

These guidelines include preparing examination centres and schools in compliance with COVID-19 protocols.

Decontamination of examination centres and schools; maintaining prescribed physical and social distancing protocols by candidates and examination officials.

Make provision for water and hand washing facilities, sanitizers and face masks by school proprietors, managers, parents and guardians.

On the number of candidates expected to write the examination, Professor Obioma said so far, only 169,144 students have registered for the Senior School Certificate Examination.

NABTEB Exams Date

According to him, the National Business and Technical Examination Board (NABTEB) examinations will start on September 21 and end on October 15.

“Other details of the schedule indicate that the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations, for SS3, by NECO will start on October 5 and end on November 18, 2020,” he said.

He explained that the Basic Education Certificate Examinations (BECE) for JSS 3 students.

Similarly, other exams by NECO, will start on August 24 and end on September 7.

Read Also: https://newspaedia.com/post-utme-forms-have-been-released/

Here is the original Neco Timetable

2020 National Examination Council (NECO)’s Timetable

Zoom to view timetable below.

DATEPAPER TITLE AND SUBJECTTIME

Monday 5th October to Friday 9th October

Paper I: Practical – Physical Education

Actual date and time will be fixed by the Council.
Paper I: Practical – Auto Mechanics

Paper III: Objective – Further Mathematics10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper II: Essay – Further Mathematics12:10pm – 2:40pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Catering Craft Practice3:10pm – 5:40pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay- Garment Making3:10pm – 5:40pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Clothing & Textiles3:10pm – 5:40pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Cosmetology3:10pm – 5:40pm
Friday 16th Oct.Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Foods & Nutrition10:00am – 12:30pm
Monday 19th Oct.Paper I: Practical – Computer Studies10:00am – 1:00pm

Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Marketing2:00pm – 4:40pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Salesmanship2:00pm – 4:40pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Data Processing2:00pm – 5:00pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Store Keeping2:00pm – 4:40pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Book Keeping2:00pm – 5:50pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – GSM Maintenance & Repairs2:00pm – 5:00pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Welding & Fabrication Engineering Craft Practice2:00pm – 5:00pm
Paper IV: Drawing & Design – Furniture Making2:00pm – 4:00pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Furniture Making4:00pm – 5:45pm
Friday 23rd Oct.Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Electronics10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Music10:00am – 12:30pm

Paper I: Practical – Mining10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper I: Practical – Fisheries10:00am – 11:30am
Paper I: Practical – Animal Husbandry10:00am – 11:30am
Paper I: Practical – Stenography10:00am – 11:17am
Paper IV: Practical – Stenography (Word Processing)2:00pm – 4:00pm
Paper I: Practical – Metal Work2:00pm – 5:00pm
Thursday 29th Oct.Public Holiday (Eid Maulud)

Friday 30th Oct.
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration10:00am – 11:40am
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Electrical Installation & Maintenance Work10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Blocklaying, Bricklaying & Concrete Work10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Machine Woodworking10:00am – 11:40am
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Carpentry & Joinery10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Upholstery10:00am – 11:30am
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Stenography10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Animal Husbandry10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Fisheries10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Auto-Body Repair and Spray Painting10:00am – 12:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Auto Electrical Work10:00am – 12:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Auto Mechanical work10:00am – 12:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Auto Parts Merchandising10:00am – 12:15pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Radio, Television & Electronics Work10:00am – 12:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Plumbing & Pipe Fitting10:00am – 12:30pm
Paper I(a): Painting and Decoration (Report Writing)10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper I(a): Dyeing and Bleaching (Report Writing)10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper I(a): Printing Craft Practice (Report Writing)10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper I(a): Photography (Report Writing)10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper I(a): Leather Goods Manufacturing and Repair (Report Writing)10:00am – 12:00noon
Saturday 31st Oct.Paper I: Practical – Data Processing10:00am – 1:00pm
Monday 2nd Nov.Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Biology10:00am – 12:30pm
Paper I: Drawing – Building Construction2:00pm – 5:00pm

Tuesday 3rd Nov.
Paper II & III: Essay & Objective – English Language10:00am – 12:45pm
Paper IV: Test of Orals – English Language1:00pm – 1:45pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Physical Education3:00pm – 5:00pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Building Construction3:00pm – 5:00pm

Wednesday 4th Nov.
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Chemistry10:00am – 1:00pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Auto Mechanics2:00pm – 4:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective, Theory & Practice – Financial Accounting2:00pm – 5:50pm

Thursday 5th Nov.
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Computer Studies10:00am – 1:00pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Christian Religious Studies3:00pm – 5:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Islamic Studies3:00pm – 5:30pm
Friday 6th Nov.Paper III & I: Objective & Practical/Physical – Geography10:00am – 12:30pm
Saturday 7th Nov.Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Government10:00am – 12:40pm
Paper I: Practical – Electronics10:00am – 1:00pm
Monday 9th Nov.Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Physics10:00am – 1:00pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Visual Art2:00pm – 5:00pm
Tuesday 10th Nov.Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Civic education10:00am – 1:00pm
Paper I: Practical – Basic Electricity2:00pm – 5:00pm

Wednesday 11th Nov.
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Basic Electricity10:00am – 12:15pm
Paper IV: Creative Design – Visual Art10:00am – 1:00pm
Paper I: Drawing – Visual Art2:00pm – 5:00pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Office Practice2:00pm – 5:00pm
Thursday 12th Nov.Paper III & IV: Objective & Drawing – Technical Drawing10:00am – 12:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective, Essay & Literature – Arabic2:00pm – 5:30pm
Friday 13th Nov.Paper II: Essay – Human and Regional Geography10:00am – 12:00noon

Saturday 14th Nov.
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Agricultural Science10:00am – 12:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Metal Work2:30pm – 5:00pm
Paper IV: Drawing & Design – Woodwork2:30pm – 4:30pm
NECO timetable 2020
2020 NECO SSCE (Internal) June/July Timetable [5th Oct. - 18th Nov. 2020]
2020 NECO SSCE (Internal) June/July Timetable [5th Oct. - 18th Nov. 2020]

General guidelines For NECO Candidates

1. FOR PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND AUTO MECHANICS PRACTICAL PAPER I; FRENCH, MUSIC AND ARABIC PAPER IV, THE SPECIFIC VENUES FOR THE EXAMINATION SHOULD BE CONFIRMED FROM NECO STATE OFFICES.
2. PRACTICAL IN SCIENCES, STENOGRAPHY,COMPUTER STUDIES & DATA PROCESSING CAN BE IN SETS WHERE THE NUMBER OF CANDIDATES IS LARGE AND THE EQUIPMENT CANNOT GO ROUND.
3. VISUAL ARTS PAPER IV [CREATIVE DESIGN] SHOULD BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES AT LEAST ONE WEEK BEFORE THE EXAMINATION DATE.
4. WELDING & FABRICATION AND ENGINEERING CRAFT PRACTICE SHOULD BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES AT LEAST THREE WEEK BEFORE THE EXAMINATION
5. NIGERIAN LANGUAGES (HAUSA, IGBO, YORUBA, EDO, EFIK AND IBIBIO) INCLUDE LITERATURE ASPECT.

Guidelines 2

6. ALBINOS AND BLIND CANDIDATES ARE TO BE ALLOWED 30 EXTRA MINUTES AT THE END OF EACH SUBJECT.
7. BLIND CANDIDATES MUST MAKE USE OF THE NECO SUPPLIED OBR CUSTOMISED BRAILLE SHEET FOR THE EXAMINATION.
8. DYEING AND BLEACHING 1B,PHOTOGRAPH 1B,PAINTING AND DECORATION 1B,PRINTING CRAFT PRACTICE1B,LEATHER GOODS
MANUFACTURING AND REPAIR 1B, SHOUD BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES AT LEAST TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE EXAMINATION DATE.
9. USE OF SCIENTIFIC CALCULATOR ISALLOWED
10. USE OF PROGRAMMABLE CALCULATOR OR ANY PROGRAMMABLE DEVICE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
11. BRINGING GSM INTO THE EXAMINATION HALL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Subscribe to Newspaedia for more information

2 thoughts on “(Updated)NECO Releases New Timetable For 2020 Exams

• October 26, 2020 at 9:15 am

Thanks, alot for the timetable you gave, to be honest, it is alot better than the one that was given to me in my school, just within days i misplaced it. thank again, your site was really helpful to me today. I posted some interesting details about NECO on my site, please check it out, it would be useful to you. you can also check other interesting details on my site using this link.